Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Survey Says...

I got the "annual" Liberal Party member's survey today in the mail. I put annual in quotation marks because I don't ever remember getting one before. Maybe I just threw them out without really looking at it like most of my LPC mail in previous years (I don't have any money for them and that's usually what there after). Anyway, since Ignatieff has been vague to opaque on his policy ideas up to now, I thought it might be interesting to see what they're asking questions about. Here were the areas:
  • Canadian Culture
  • Knowledge and Innovation
  • Health Care
  • Feelings About the Liberal Party
The more I think about it, the more I think this survey isn't for policy-making but rather for fundraising. The idea being find the issue that members are most passionate about and ask for money to protect it/accomplish it. Otherwise, if this is actually policy oriented, we could be running an election campaign without talking about the economy, the war in Afghanistan or the environment to name but a few major issues. I really hope this is from the fundraising side. Although the response deadline of September 30th (right around the time a writ would be theoretically dropped and consequentially a platform finalized) is a little concerning. There is one disheartening thing regardless of what this is being used for. There was no way (unless you offered it) to tell who filled out the survey, meaning the information is not being put into a fancy database to compete with the Tories.

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are those of the author and the author alone. They do not represent the views of any organization, regardless of the author's involvement in any organizations.

All comments are the views of the individual writer. The administrator reserves the right to remove commentary which is offensive.

The author is not responsible for nor does he support any of the advertisements displayed on the page