Friday, November 03, 2006

Thoughts after a Halloween Snow

It snowed on Halloween here in Lund. This made me happy and sad at the same time. Anyhoo, the course work is done for a little while so back to the blogosphere

  • I know nothing about income trusts. I think this puts me in the same group as 99% of Canadians. I can see a flip-flop when I see one. Good or bad policy, I can't say. I can say that they should have stuck with the decision they made.
  • Why is it that the federal Tories are bad at not creating taxes? I don't remember the last Liberal tax hike federally. Here we have a tax-hike that sends the market into a tailspin. Aren't they supposed to be the business guys?
  • David Miller will win the mayoral election in Toronto in spite of:
    • Inaction on the issue of the last election: garbage
    • A failed expo bid
    • A horrible decision on the island airport that is bad for the economy and the environment
    • A budget mess
    • 58% of people thinking its time for a change
    • Complete bungling of TTC negotiations by his buddy Howard Moscoe
  • This is evidence enough for me that municipal politics need some serious electoral reform
  • The Liberal leadership is mercifully almost over. Nothing new to report. Go ground war go!

No comments:

All views expressed in this blog are those of the author and the author alone. They do not represent the views of any organization, regardless of the author's involvement in any organizations.

All comments are the views of the individual writer. The administrator reserves the right to remove commentary which is offensive.

The author is not responsible for nor does he support any of the advertisements displayed on the page